Friday, March 19, 2010

Trying to better my dogs teeth?

Dogs have been proven to live longer when owners provide dental care for them. With that said, I brush my dogs teeth every day and give her a Greenie. My question is, does anybody TRULY know if Greenies are really all that effective? I would ask my vet, but they sell Greenies....they also sell Science Diet....(not the best brand of dog food)...so as much as I trust their health care, I'm not sure if I really trust their opinion on products.

Looking for a more credible source.

Answer on Trying to better my dogs teeth?

Greenies® Dental Chews are the only dog treat that has been endorsed by the Veterinary Oral Health Council for control of plaque and tartar build-up. GREENIES® Dental Chews contain natural sources of antioxidants such as apple pomace, dried tomato and dried sweet potato to help support a healthy immune system, and natural sources of fiber for healthy digestion. My 4yr. old dog has a Greenie® every evening, and has never had to have a dental cleaning. His teeth are gorgeous and sparkling clean!