Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dancers diet question?

Hey guys! So I'm a dancer. I dance 11 hours a week (mostly ballet) and I would love to lose about 15 pounds.
I get so confused because when I look up dancers diets it always mentions how about half of your calorie intake should be carbs. It's confusing because carbs also cause a rise/fall level in your blood sugar.
Also with atkins diet- how could that work for me? If Im supposed to be eating all those carbs (as listed above) how cab atkins possible be good for me? Is it healthy for a dancer?
What are your tips for me? I'm 5'2 15years old and I weigh 120 pounds.
I'm on a low calorie diet 1100-1300 calories a day. (as of now) what is proper nutrition for someone like me? Anything will be helpful!!

Answer on Dancers diet question?

First of all, those "dancer diets" are SCAMS, a REAL dancer diet consists of eating healthy 2000-2500 calories a day WHILE taking dance technique classes 6-7 days a week.

You're perfectly fine for your height and weight.

No dancer can survive on anything less than 2000 calories a day for very long.