Hi :) I'm on a diet, where I drink plenty of water and eat a lot of fruit and veggies and I've lost 10 pounds so far !! Yay :)
So I eat dinner around 5:30 and then eat NOTHING afterwards.
So I wake up around 7:30 ishh... is it okay to have a nice breakfast? (Like whole grain toast.. etc - about 400 calories?) According to some people, if you have a big breakfast after long hours of not eating ( after last night's dinner, which would make it like 14 hours without eating) your body will store all of the breakfast as fat... I don't know what to do :S
I was planning on having like a big/hearty breakfast, medium lunch, and small dinner.. but some people said breakfast will be stored as all fat if you ate dinner early the night before. Please help me? And what are some healthy breakfast/lunch choices? (except for the boring old vegetables)
Answer on Is having a bigger breakfast than dinner bad?
What a lie! Whoever told you that, is getting it all mixed up.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day since it, breaks- the- fast. Meaning after ~ 10 hours of no food we wakeup and consume a balanced, large breakfast and it revulates/ starts up our metabolism and we need to fuel it so we have to feed it more food and a variaty of foodgroups to get all functions up and going!
Along with revulating/ jump starting the metabolism breakfast also;
- keeps you fuller longer throughout the day
- keeps you more focused/ concentrated
- keeps away foodcravings/ thoughts of fatty- unhealthy temptational foods
- get's you energized/ ready for the day and kickstarts the brain functions
- and more !
Aim for a large breakfast, decent balanced lunch along with dinner and incorperated small snacks.
- Cup of wholegrain- fiber cereal (or 3/4 cup granola/ muesili or oats) made with 250mL 1-2% milk or rice- soy milk with a serving of added fruit (~3/4 cup berries, 1/4 cup dried fruit, 1/2 cup canned or applesauce, 250mL fruit juice or medium fruit- banana/ apple/ etc..)
Add either; 1/4 cup nuts/ seeds, or 2TBSP natural crunchy nut butter in hot oats.
Also optional TSP; cinnamain/ nutmeg/ brown sugar/ honey/ shredded coconut or margerine (in oats)
- Wholewheat toasts/ english muffin- crumpets/ waffle, bagel or breakfast wholegrain wrap with 2TBSP natural nut butter, and a sliced fruit ontop or seperate (sliced; apple, banana, 3/4 cup sliced strawberries or 1/4 cup dried fruit- or 250mL fruit juice, 1/2 cup canned- applesauce or medium fruit)
Consume with 1/2 cup yoghurt/ cottage cheese or 250mL 1-2%/ rice- soy milk
- Egg's made with cooked spinach/ chopped vegetables and 1/4 cup shredded cheese (or 1/2 cup cottage cheese seperate)
with either; wholewheat toast/ startch with 2tsp margerine, or turkey sasauges/ turkey bacon/ slicedlean lunch deli meats (turkey/ chicken/ ham/ roast beef) or vegetarian meats/ sasuage.
Have with 250mL fruit juice, 1/2 cup applesauce or medium fruit.
- Cup of greek yoghurt with 1/2 cup granola/ muesili or wheatgerm with 1/4 cup nuts/ seeds, 1-2 servings added fruit (ie: 3/4 cup berries, 1/4 cup dried, chopped banana, etc ..) with tbsp: cinnamain/ nutmeg/ brown sugar/ honey/ shredded coconut- dark caoca/ or organic- no added sugar jam.
Hope i'v helped, goodluck!