1.Ryan would like to lose some weight. His energy needs are 2400 kcalories a day. If he eats about 1900 kcalories every day, in four weeks approximately how much weight will Ryan have lost due to changes in his diet?
a. 2 pounds
b. 4 pounds
c. 9 pounds
d. 12 pounds
2.Which guideline about weight loss is correct?
a. all individuals with a BMI over 25 should lose weight
b. if a child is obese, the weight should be lost as quickly as possible so it doesn't interfere with development
c. most people can reduce health risks with a 5-15% weight loss
d. the health benefits of weight loss do not begin to accrue until normal weight is achieved
3. After eating a large dinner, we feel full and satisfied. The term to describe this feeling is:
a. appetite suppression
b. caloric equilibrium
c. energy balance
4. What is a common outcome of "yo-yo" dieting, or a pattern of losing and gaining weight?
a. a decrease in the likelihood that future weight loss efforts will be successful
c. anorexia nervosa
d. a redistribution of subcutaneous fat in the body
5. If a serving of tuna contains 1 gram fat, 0 carbohydrates and contains 69 calories, how many grams of protein are in one serving?
6. In order to calculate a person's Body Mass Index, what information about the person must be known?
a. height; weight
b. lean body mass; body water
c. lean body mass; fat stores
d. waist circumference; height
7. The hormone produced in the stomach that stimulates food intake is
c. peptide PYY
8. When a diet is very low in kcalories and carbohydrate for a long period of time, what is likely to develop?
9. The consequences of the high rate of childhood obesity are
a. primarily psychological.
b. relatively benign since health risks are not increased.
c. profound since the longer a person is overweight, the higher the health risks.
10. The energy expended to digest and store nutrients is called:
a. basal metabolic rate (BMR)
b. resting energy expenditure (REE)
c. resting metabolic rate (RMR)
d. thermic effect of food (TEF)
11. Which technique of measuring energy expenditure measures the amount of heat given off by the body?
a. direct calorimetry
b. indirect calorimetry
c. doubly labeled water
d. bomb calorimetry
12. Which of the following does not help to explain why Americans are now eating more Kcal than 30 years ago?
a. appetite is often triggered with ads for foods or the easy accessibility of foods
b. average portion sizes have increased in homes and restaurants
c. people tend to eat in units regardless of the size of the unit
d. American's genes are making them hungrier
13. For many years, Erin's weight has been stable at approximately 132 pounds. This weight is commonly described as Erin's:
a. maintenance level
b. set point
c. trigger point
d. weight regulation
14. To provide glucose to the body between meals:
a. fat is broken down
b. glycogen is broken down
c. internal organs are broken down
d. snacks are essential
Answer on NUTRITION...NEED HELP FAST! *10 POINTS*?
1. is B.
2. is A.
4. dont't yo-yo diet.
5. A.(15 grams)
11. beats me.